Save £2.22 (25%)
Dispatched within 3-4 working days.
The Complete Sonnets and Poems: The Oxford Shakespeare
Oxford World's Classics
The Oxford Shakespeare
General Editor Stanley Wells
The Oxford Shakespeare offers authoritative texts from leading scholars in editions designed to interpret and illuminate the works for modern readers
- a new, modern-spelling text, collated and edited from all existing printings
- on-page and facing-page commentary and notes explain language and allusions
- detailed introductions consider the sonnets' biographical and literary background, how the poems relate to the plays, dating and textual matters, and the mysteries of 'Mr W. H.' and the 'Dark Lady'
- includes poems attributed to Shakespeare in the seventeenth century
- full index to introductions and commentary
- durable sewn binding for lasting use
'not simply a better text but a new conception of Shakespeare. This is a major achievement of twentieth-century scholarship.' Times Literary Supplement
ABOUT THE SERIES: For over 100 years Oxford World's Classics has made available the widest range of literature from around the globe. Each affordable volume reflects Oxford's commitment to scholarship, providing the most accurate text plus a wealth of other valuable features, including expert introductions by leading authorities, helpful notes to clarify the text, up-to-date bibliographies for further study, and much more.
New & Used
+ FREE UK P & P
What Reviewers Are Saying
A long and detailed critique, which ends with excellent praise 'This Complete Sonnets and Poems is a distinguished addition to a distinguished series. It will repay comtinuing study, and act as a valuable point of reference for readers concerned more generally with Shakespeare's art and language. Colin Burrow's good sense, tact and balance as an editor are deeply impressive.' * H.R.Woudhuysen, TLS *