Save £0.12 (1%)
Dispatched within 3-4 working days.
Enquiring History: The Crusades: Conflict and Controversy, 1095-1291
Think more deeply and work more independently at A level History through a carefully thought-out enquiry approach from SHP.
Enquiring History: It makes you think!
The OFSTED report on school history suggests that the current generation of A Level students have been poorly served by exam-based textbooks which spoon-feed students while failing to enthuse them or develop deeper understandings of studying History
The Schools History Project has risen to this challenge with a new series for the next generation. Enquiring History is SHP's fresh approach to Advanced Level History that aims:
- To motivate and engage readers
- To help readers think and gain independence as learners
- To encourage enquiry, and deeper understanding of periods and the people of the past
- To engage with current scholarship
- To prepare A Level students for university
Key features of each Student book
- Clear compelling narrative - books are designed to be read cover to cover
- Structured enquiries - that explore the core content and issues of each period
- 'Insight' panels between enquiries provide context, overview, and extension
- Full colour illustrations throughout
The Crusades: Conflict and controversy 1095-1291
There has never been a more important time to study the Crusades. Religious conflict is a fact of life in the twenty-first century no less than it was in the medieval world. And yet the world of the Crusades is so different from ours that it takes a massive leap of imagination to make sense of these events. This book takes on that challenge: opening a window onto the 12th and 13th century worlds to understand what on earth was going on. It examines the Crusades themselves; the controversies surrounding them; and the past and current re-interpretations of the period.
Web-based support includes
- lesson planning tools and guidance for teachers available from the SHP website http://www.schoolshistoryproject.org.uk/Publishing/BooksSHP/BooksALvlEHS.html
- eBooks for whole class teaching or individual student reading available from eBook retailers
New & Used
+ FREE UK P & P
What Reviewers Are Saying
Having just taken the history crusades exam I can confidently say this is the most helpful book you will find to aid you through the crusades....[P]ictures and maps the whole way through...[make] everything easier to understand, particularly if, like me, you're not great at geography. This book is pretty much a necessity if you will be taking the crusades course for history A-level. * Amazon reviewer *