Save £13.95 (58%)
Psychology for A2 Level is a highly readable textbook, which has been written for the new A2 Psychology syllabus of the AQA Specification A (formerly AEB) and is aimed specifically at students pursuing their studies in psychology beyond AS level. It is an ideal follow-up to any AS level textbook, but in particular the best-selling Psychology for AS Level by the same authors. A supporting CD-Rom of AS/A2 teaching resources is free to teachers who recommend either of these textbooks to their students.
This A2 level text, which builds on the ideas and insights explored at AS level to promote a deeper understanding of psychology, is written in an accessible, engaging style by highly experienced authors.
The areas covered are: Social Psychology, Physiological Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Comparative Psychology and Individual Differences. There are also chapters on Perspectives in Psychology and on the assessed coursework.
At this level, students select options from the range of specified topics, and each topic within the syllabus is covered in sufficient depth for the requirements of A2. The book includes a number of helpful features:
* tailored to the new AQA(A) specification so that students can easily use the text for their A2 studies
* mapped clearly and comprehensively to the requirements of three parts of the A2 assessment: Options paper; Synoptic paper; and Coursework
* careful explanations that are easy to read and enable clear understanding
* case studies of real life examples
* important key studies, each with critical evaluation and discussion points
* detailed end-of-chapter summaries
* exam-style questions to test understanding and to give exam practice
* suggested activities and self-assessment questions to stimulate thought and interpretation
* suggestions for further reading, in print and on-line
* many illustrations and humorous drawings to reinforce learning objectives
* tips and suggestions for studying, learning, choosing options and preparing for exams and coursework
* glossary of key terms.
Further information and resources related to AS and A2 level psychology can be found at the Psychology Press A-level website: www.a-levelpsychology.co.uk.
New & Used
Out of Stock
+ £3.00 UK P & P
What Reviewers Are Saying
'The material is sound and well structured; and it does exactly what it was designed to do. It provides teachers who are teaching a particular syllabus for the second year of an A level with everything they would need; and students with all that they need to pass the exam, including guidance on specific sections of the paper, how to approach questions, and even samples of essay writing.' - The Times Higher Education Supplement
'Students will like this book. It presents chapter summaries, case studies, questions intended to stimulate independent thought, and even lists of useful websites for each topic. Additionally, it provides clear guidelines on how to write essays, ideas for coursework, and the low-down on the examination process with tips on what examiners look for. This makes it the ultimate A2 psychology resource, and supplies everything needed to pass the course. The book, which follows Psychology for AS Level by the same authors, is accompanied by a CD-ROM containing a wealth of teaching resources, from multiple-choice questions to slides ready-made for the teacher.' - The Psychologist