This unique reference book contains 372 articles selected from 762 plenary lectures, workshops and poster presentations made during the Thirteenth American Peptide Symposium held in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
The book opens with Nobel Laureate Dr. Bruce Merrifield's Remarks on Peptide Chemistry' which focus on past scientists and their contributions of peptide chemistry in all aspects of biology, and Dr. Victor Hruby's Pierce Award Lecture on designing peptides, pseudopeptides and peptidomimetics to understand the relationship between structure and biology activity. The contributions are grouped into 14 sections:
- Synthetic and Analytical Methods
- Peptide Mimetics
- Peptide Hormones/Neuropeptides
- Peptide Inhibitors/Peptide-Receptor Interactions
- Peptide Vaccines and Immunology
- Conformational Analysis
- Peptide Pharmaceuticals/Diagnostics and Peptide Delivery
- Computational Biochemistry
- Peptide Macromolecular Interactions
- Peptide Libraries
- De novo Design of Peptides and Proteins;
and three Workshops:
- Approaches and Advances in Peptide Synthesis, Purification and Analysis
- An Introduction to NMR Spectroscopy of Peptides
- An Introduction to Energy Minimization, Molecular Dynamics, Molecular Modelling and Conformational Analysis of Peptides.
This 1200 page compendium of current research from both academic and industrial laboratories demonstrates the exponential growth of the use of peptides in the diverse fields of medical science.