Property Finance Negligence: Claims Against Solicitors and Valuers
This book offers authoritative guidance and legal analysis, at a time when there is significant uncertainty and advice is badly needed in this area.
It provides the first in-depth response to the key decisions handed down by the House of Lords in the significant SAAMCO (BBL) case - and the first to tackle the questions raised by this case. It also deals with the Mothew case and other previously unreported cases, helping practitioners to formulate their own litigation decisions on high value actions. In particular, the book explains:
- the scope of professionals' duties
- special rules relating to interest recoverable
- the methods of assessing damages
- the limitations on recovery (especially in relation to contributory negligence)
- limitation periods
- application of doctrines of causation and reliance
The book also analyses many unreported cases, which may therefore be unknown to practitioners.
* Multi-purpose aid - enables practitioners to either prosecute or defend claims on residential or commercial property
* Topical - tackles key issues recently reconsidered by the courts
* Invaluable - case summaries help to gauge success of possible litigation
New & Used
Out of Stock
What Reviewers Are Saying
Those faced with problems in this area should be well served by the bookAn invaluable guide both to practitioners in the area of property finance negligence and to conveyancing solicitors and valuers wishing to know where they stand when matters go wrong.