The atmospheric interior of this rambling house spans many periods. Originally built in 1530, its Great Hall and priest's hole date from Tudor times, while the Oak Parlour was smaller rooms, some with William Morris wallpapers, show the Victorian desire for privacy and comfort. There are also fine Jacobean plasterwork and intricately carved furniture. A fully equipped Victorian kitchen and servants' hall enable visitors to see 'behind the scene'. The restored garden has spring bulbs, a rose garden, summer border and stream garden, and there are woodland walks and magnificent views of the Mersey basin and North Wales hills from The Bund, a high bank.