George Edward Allen started Motor Coach operations in the late 1920s from Darwin Street in the Balsall Heath district of Birmingham. His first coaches were Buckingham bodied Leyland Lionesses and the company specialised in private hire, excursions and holiday coach travel. Mr. Allen sold the business to the Weatherhogg family in 1948. The Weatherhoggs modernised and expanded the fleet taking over Superb Coaches (Birmingham) Limited with the associated fleets of Radley Motors and Mason's of Darlaston. The Weatherhogg family decided in 1986 to withdraw from coach operating and the Allenways name passed to David Watkiss who also owned Claribel Coaches Ltd. Allenways continued as a separate business until the Watkiss family closed it in 1992. In the 64 years of operations, the Allenways name was highly respected in the world of coaching and in the heyday years of its existence the company was one of the largest coach operations in the city of Birmingham. A fine collection of photographs and other memorabilia has been collected by Andrew Roberts to illustrate the history of the company and of those taken over. The book is complete with fleet lists for Allenways and the acquired fleets.