Practice, practice, and more practice! This full-color workbook walks you step by step through every aspect of ECG interpretation to develop the pattern recognition skills you need to read ECGs with confidence. 550 full-size, real-life ECG strips, a wealth of exercises, and practice tests help to ensure that you can recognize the subtle findings that distinguish one arrhythmia from another and provide the appropriate care in common clinical or emergency situations.
- Full-colour illustrations offer a quick review of cardiac anatomy and physiology.
- 550 ECG tracings in all with the strips presented three ways: identified by type of problem, randomized, and embedded in case studies.
- Each chapter covers a specific type of cardiac problem with multiple ECG practice strips that ask the reader to identify the rate, rhythm, P waves, PR interval, and QRS, and provide an interpretation along with multiple short-answer quizzes with answers at the end of the chapter for "on the go" learning.
- "Clinical Tips" and "Hints" provide valuable information on rhythm interpretation and explain how an arrhythmia can affect a patient.
- A chapter focused on the 12-lead ECG and acute myocardial infarction.
- Four "Practice Tests" at the end of the book include differential challenges that feature strips that look alike but represent very different problems and progressive case studies, all with answers.
- 320 Flashcards online with ECGs on the front and characteristics (rate, rhythm, P waves, PR interval, QRS, interpretation) on back for study on the go.