Save £35.75 (28%)
Dispatched within 4-5 working days.
Planning enforcement is one of the most diverse and complex areas of law. It is primarily concerned with the taking of steps against development carried out without planning permission or in breach of conditions of a planning permission.
This new edition is essential reading for barristers and solicitors specialising in planning law, planning officers and consultants and academics, the key topics explored and analysed in this edition include:
- enforcement notices, stop notices, temporary stop notices and breach of condition notices
- the parallel enforcement provisions for listed buildings, conservation areas and the remainder of the historic environment and hazardous substances
- enforcement powers for planning obligations, trees, tidying up land and advertising
- the Community Infrastructure Levy and the development consent regime for nationally significant infrastructure projects
- the Human Rights Act as decisions to carry out enforcement are affected by the Act as well as a raft of duties such as the Public Sector Equality Duty and responsibilities towards children
- appeals, injunctions and High Court challenges
The book includes full coverage of planning enforcement in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Planning Enforcement, 3rd Edition, complements Planning Permission and Planning Policy, offering a comprehensive and authoritative Bloomsbury Professional library for the planning practitioner.
New & Used
+ FREE UK P & P
What Reviewers Are Saying
It brings together a comprehensive review of the established and updated regulatory framework...Whether you are pursuing an enforcement action or constructing a defence, having a "bible" on the subject is invaluable. Planners and practitioners from other disciplines involved in enforcement will benefit enormously from having this book in their library. -- the evironmentalist * Review of previous edition * The book is extremely comprehensive. It covers all types of enforcement procedures in Wales and in England. The level of detail and coverage is impressive...this is a very useful book for anyone advising or working in planning enforcement to have on their shelf. -- Housing and Property Law Review * Review of previous edition * Planning Enforcement is a valuable contribution by a leading practitioner...it is a compact, useful, and affordable recource...steers a practical middle course between oversimplified central guidance and the enormous breadth of texts such as the Planning Encyclopaedia --  5 Env. Liability 196-197 * Review of previous edition *